View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

There's just been way too many busts coming from Japan to make me comfortable with counting on Darvish. Dice K was awesome over there. Koji was a very good starting pitcher, and the Orioles brought him over to start. There are obviously others. Yes Darvish is the best yet, but he's not much younger than Dice K when he came over. There's just so many differences, from how the game is played to how the pitchers prepare and how much rest they're given. I'd like to try, but I'm not willing to rely on him to front the rotation, which is what we need.

Regarding Adams, I just think he's really good. He's been one of the best relievers in baseball over the past few years. I also think that Ogando is in a unique position having been stretched out. It'd be interesting to see if he could be a multiple inning guy throughout the season like he was in the playoffs.

With the first base situation, it's simply the fact that you still don't know for sure about Moreland due to the injury, and you have right handed bats that you need at bats for anyway. If Moreland fails again (and I wouldn't be shocked if he did) you adjust accordingly during the season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote