View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think expecting anything more than what you got out of Harrison last year is chasing a fantasy. He basically realized his ceiling last year, imo. The question is whether he can maintain that level.
Well, frankly, we got a darn good year out of him all things considered. I do think that suggesting he further matures mentally is not fantasy. Assuming he can maintain his stuff and refine it even (as young pitchers can - and I know he isn't exactly 20 anymore) it absolutely stands to reason that he improves.

Holland though... Man... I am so excited about that guy and his potential. Ogando - same thing. With an entire year to work on his off speed stuff and improve his endurance while knowing he is a starter - p.o.t.e.n.t.i.a.l all over that guy. Add in Feliz (everything I said about Ogando applies here) and wow. IF we add Darvish....... WOW! If not, so be it. You still have Colby and Harrison (and Feldman for that matter), who are talented pitchers, one of which has had great postseason success.

Losing CJ will be an absolute blessing if his funds are used to bring in Yu or Fielder. Now, if CJ walks (almost 100% to happen at this point) and we replace him with Feliz and are pretty much status quo from there - I must say that will be a bit disappointing. Here is hoping that doesn't happen though, even though it might just be the smart way to go considering the guys we need to eventually lock up.