View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
I'm glad the Rangers will let CJ walk. I'm glad they didn't commit to $25mm per year @ 10 years for Pujols. But for both of those guys to be going to the Angels? That stings.

They need to make a big splash. Fielder and Darvish would be a step in the right direction.
If you ask me, Yu is definitely a better pitcher than CJ and Fielder will mostly equal Pujols' contributions over the next 4-5 years. Obviously we haven't signed shit, but if we were to go after both and nab them, we would have done more than take a step in the right direction. When you consider adding Feliz into the rotation as well, we would have surpassed their huge step and would have kept them behind us.

For that matter, if we only get Fielder I think we would be pretty much equals with them as we got our "CJ" with the addition of Feliz. Will not be a runaway division that last week of the year anymore - that is unless we sit on our hands and LA is the team doing the running.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote