View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty interesting:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...takes-the-heat

For me: offense = Doug Free, coaches = Jason Garrett, defense = Terrence Newman, brass = GM Jerry Jones.

What do you guys think?

---

A pretty good read re: worst loss of the year (@ home against Giants or @ home against Lions):
http://espn.go.com/dallas/hot/?id=7419061

---

How do you guys feel about Dez?
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...year-offseason

Obviously, he has the talent and physical gifts to excel for a long time in this league, but does he have the heart/desire/workethic? Which "88" will he follow?
1. Nobody worked harder than Michael Irvin. Although, there was no secret with his off the field issues--he came to play every Sunday and his desire to win was contagious. You could tell that his will and relentlessness rubbed off on others on the team.
2. OTOH, I had to check Antonio Bryant's wikipedia to see what the latest was.
Check this out:
On March 10, 2010 Bryant signed a 4-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals worth a reported $28 million, along with multiple incentives.
After the Bengals signing of WR Terrell Owens, Bryant gave up his number 81 for Owens, who has worn the number his entire career. In return for the number, Bryant requested Owens make a donation to his charity. About the number switch Bryant said: "I'm a realist," "I said, 'Hey, man, I'm not going to make no big spectacle about it. You've got a bigger legacy and a number than I do. I've been on several teams like you, but I've changed my number several times. You've had the same number."
"I don't need your money,'" Bryant said. "'All I want you to do is take care of one of my little league programs in Miami. Send them a small donation and we'll go from there.'" He wore jersey number 19 while attending the Cincinnati Bengals training camp in Georgetown, Kentucky where Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shipley, Dezmon Briscoe, Jerome Simpson, Matt Jones, and Bryant himself have been catching passes from quarterbacks Carson Palmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, Jordan Palmer. On August 29, 2010, it was announced that Antonio Bryant's contract was terminated by the Bengals, making him a free agent.

I'm slowly thinking Dez is falling closer to the bad "88". It seems like he is in desperate need of role models and leadership. With guys like Deion running as far as they can from him, I feel like he just has no one to look up to.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 01-04-2012 at 02:03 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote