View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #69
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
I'm betting RG3 turns out to be a better QB than Luck.
I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

The NFL is set up to be a passing league, with put a skirt on the QB. and Manning, Brady, etc. rules.

When a QB comes in that is athletic and can run.....they usually get killed along the way and get in a bad habit of taking too long trying to make plays instead of managing the game and coming back for another play. Ex: Cunningham, Vick, Tebow, McNabb etc

QB's that are passers first but can run a little -- excel sometimes though. See Staubach, Young, Elway, Montana

All QB's listed above are excellent QB's, IMO -- it is just that the ones taking the fewer hits seem to excel much better.
---------------------------------------------------
RG3, might be the next great thing, and Luck may bust but as of right now -- I think the odds are in Luck's favor.

JMO

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote