View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Damn...what a blast from the past. Murph used to be the sheriff in this town, didn't he?
This place was rocking the majority of the time from 2001-2006 or so. We had people joining the site on a weekly basis just showing up to throw some gasoline on the fire. The members were hard core and self-moderated this site. The battles between respected board members were just as epic and often cut throat.. It really was a so much more volatile board back then.. but in a good way. The debates were awesome even though they did get out of hand from time to time. But things usually cooled down quick enough. It's odd.. It the volatility/intensity on this site pretty much paralleled the rise of the Mavs. Why did it die out? I suppose some of it died when the Mavs lost to the Heat.. some of it died along the way as many of the original members moved on for various reasons such as getting out of college and starting their career.. getting a family.. or whatever. Some of it died simply because it's near impossible to maintain that type of intense environment on a message board for a long time. I know I got burned out quite a bit. I just don't have the fight in me very often anymore when it comes to Mavs related stuff.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote