Thread: Greg Monroe
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I like him but I don't know why they'd ship him out. He's going to be an RFA this summer so Detroit can match any deal and in the mean time he's one of their three best players. As a solid 4/5 tweener, he's going to get a lot of attention and possibly a deal worth 12-17mill/year this summer. Perhaps Detroit won't match, but an SnT is an option then. Dude isn't unhappy and demanding a trade. Detroit just didn't want to sign an extension (which may end up hurting them if they misjudged the FA season this summer.

Also, he's got pretty good (and improving) post skills and shot blocking, which reminds me of Wright's game, but he's not terribly great at rebounding (which also reminds me of Wright's game). Unless Dirk steps it up, I could see rebounding being a problem if we had a Dirk/Monroe frontcourt.

Rebound rating
20.1 Blair
17.1 Dalembert
15.1 Monroe
12.6 Wright in 12-13

PER
23.9 Blair
21.03 Wright in 12-13
19.35 Monroe
16.9 Dalembert

Block rating
7.8 Wright in 12-13
7.5 Monroe
4.8 Dalembert
2.3 Blair

TS%
60.8 Dalembert
60.6 Wright in 12-13
54.3% Monroe
53.5% Blair
Problem is the players you mentioned are situational players. Monroe can play a solid 30+ minutes a game.

And the Pistons are unlikely to sign him because of Josh Smith and Drummond are on their roster.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...oe-in-detroit/
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote