View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #19
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Green pick is starting to grow on me. First I want to talk about some of the other options and hypothesize as to why the Mavs passed them up:

1) Precious Achiuwa - no jumper and more of a 3/4/5 defender (which we already have in Kleber)

2) Tyrese Maxey - needs ball in his hands to be completely effective and realistically can only guard 1s and 2s

3) Saddiq Bey - this one is tough... I think it ultimately turns on upside

The positives with Green shouldn't be overlooked:

1) Pedigree - Green was the number 8 player in his HS class

2) Physical Upside - Green was top 5 in lane agility and top 10 in vertical leap at 6'5', 215 lbs.... the kid is a specimen

3) Intangibles - by all accounts a great kid who interviewed well and bought into his role at Arizona

4) Defense - the kid has a unique combination of size and strength that allows him to guard 4 positions

5) Corner Shooting - Green was a fantastic shooter from the corner and should receive a plethora of good looks with Luka facilitating