Thread: 2022 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 10:36 AM   #46
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

So, I'm an Arkansas fan and keep seeing rumors Jaylin Williams might be sneaking into the late first round. I don't see if and see him coming back for one more year. However, he could be in play depending on workouts. He's an excellent screener, rebounder, and can play a little bit point on break, though I'd imagine that would be much more limited in the NBA. The things he needs to improve on are his shooting (needs to be more consistent and I think he can develop into a 35% 3 point shooter) and getting more verticality in his defense, as right now he relies heavily on his ability to take charges. Two things there, he can't continue to take the beating and the additional quickness that would take in the NBA would likely lead him to foul trouble.

Someone to keep an eye on. He's got some work to do, but I think he can add a respectable 3 point game given the looks he gets as well as blossom into a real shot blocker once the charges are waned. But those are much easier worked on in college and he would have huge minutes to show out, so I think he returns. He also did not hire an agent.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote