View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I don't think they need to start out games with a secondary ball handler as much as they do to end games.

Green is only buying you 6-8 minutes to start off games then he's going to the bench.

But in that early qtr you know with him you're going to get energy and defense. That is what's most important when you go back and watch Mavs games to start out.

DFS and Bullock will space the floor and Luka is most likely running PNR's with McGee anyway so I don't think starting Green hurts at all.

In the case of Hardy I would be worried about his man torching him to start off games and then his shot not falling to compound the situation.

I just view that as another THJ situation where a guy gets repeatedly lost on defense and if his shot not falling, he becomes liability on both ends of the floor.

Time to see what Green has and if he falters then maybe it's time to move him via trade and wipe our hands clean.
We already have three of the best defenders at their positions starting though. If Powell was still starting, then I'd say go with Green. But the Mavs need Hardy to not be a bust a lot more than Green who has already been bust. I want to be wrong about Green, but the preseason didn't enhance my perception of him. Hardy, on the other hand, can score 20 in a quarter if he gets hot. Frank and Green just simply don't have that ability.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote