View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We already have three of the best defenders at their positions starting though. If Powell was still starting, then I'd say go with Green. But the Mavs need Hardy to not be a bust a lot more than Green who has already been bust. I want to be wrong about Green, but the preseason didn't enhance my perception of him. Hardy, on the other hand, can score 20 in a quarter if he gets hot. Frank and Green just simply don't have that ability.
I'm actually on board with just playing Hardy until he clicks. Could be rough for a while, but we're that desperate for a small guard who can shoot and create offense in the absence of Brunson. Plus any cap relief we are going to get should go to Wood.

If Hardy turns out, we don't miss Brunson and we could be damn good for a while. We keep Hardy on rookie deal for 3-4 years with Doncic getting max and Wood getting a sweet deal.

If Hardy isn't even showing signs of improvement by the TDL, we ask Indy for TJ McConnell or some other rental.

I like Green too, but he's never going to be the Brunson replacement that we need. He can play three positions, but none of them are PG.
THJ is a finisher but not a creator. Much more of a 2/3 than a 1/2
SD can do both, but is far too inconsistent/inefficient to be our second ball-handler without the gravity of someone like Luka next to him. Third guard? Fine. We just need a 2nd.
Frank is a hell of a defender and can be 3/D, but he has no PG tendencies.
Dorsey seems like a total flop
Wright IV seems like an incredible talent who can make plays and defend, but his potential is low at 5'11" and thus I doubt he even makes the roster past Friday

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-09-2022 at 03:30 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote