View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 12:08 AM   #94
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Well you both repeated yourselves about 50 times. Murphy wanting DJ to "admit to his statements" and then to take back the accusation that he "twisted" words, and DJ wanting Murphy to stop forcefully, repeatedly, countering his replies, concessions, accusations, slams.

Really DJ, I have backed you up in just about everything you've ever done here - even when I was personally very unhappy with "The Three" getting banned. I stretch, if I have to, to see your point of view. I publically show my support of you. Now what is this? And the personal insults I see are coming from the snowman's side. If you had a point to make here, make it legitimately.

I clearly see that Murph's hard driving style of debating is more than many can stand. But it is common practice on this site for many of us to keep "pushing the issue" until the opposition clearly admits that they were "wrong" or "said something they shouldn't have." Nothing happened today that was in any way out of the ordinary - except for dropping a ban for an exchange like this.

DJ shot at Murph's pride by posting insults about his ability to read, navigate the English language, and accusing him of "twisting" (perhaps because you're unhappy with Murphy for other reasons). Murphy didn't show DJ's pride any mercy when he did not acknowlege the concession (by then he wanted a retraction on the "twisting words" accusation). So, there was no ending the mess!

Academically speaking, Murphy is a master at debate. (Personally, I'd rather face a disgruntled Iraqi diplomat demanding the lifting of sanctions than a Murphy with a cause.) However, I understand that most individuals are not here to argue academically, and are not equipped to debate in that style.