View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 12:27 AM   #95
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken smiles. However, murph's banning was NOT solely the result of this thread. This was merely the culmination of all the crap we've let slide in the past. Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor.

Murph also seems to think he runs this board. I've heard from SEVERAL members that he has pm'ed and/or e-mailed them to make sure they're "on his side," in case of future incidents like this I suppose. So I suppose the mod team should brace ourselves for his "posse's" backlash. I've had heated discussions in the past with murph, and every single time he crosses the line, I simply let it go since hey, "it's murph." But why should he be held to different standards then folks like joejoe and d77, who were booted for far less significant outbursts than murph's.

Also, the fact that he tried to stage a mass walkout the last time he was banned (while posting under another alias, something we automatically boot joejoe off for) and therefore take down the site still pisses me off to this day. I'm not going to let some prick take down something I've spent so much time, effort, and money on. He has no regard for anyone but himself, and that is why he will no longer be allowed back.

The last time we had a run-in like this, we corresponded via e-mail and he said he'd tone down his posts. Now I see he's not only changed for the worst, but he also now sees himself as some kind of authority figure here? "Whipping the new members into shape" and "cleaning out the riffraff" are his words. Sorry but I'm tired of his antics, and it's pretty obvious I'm not the only one. We've given him chance after chance and have let him get away with a lot more than anyone else here. But not any more.

I'm tired of logging onto the board or checking my e-mail only to find more complaints about his behavior. I'm sure you've chatted with him on numerous occasions and he's managed to sell himself as some target of mod abuse or whatever. That's laughable, especially since the mods for the most part let him to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. Whatever the case, the list goes on and on so I'll stop boring you now.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote