View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 01:37 AM   #96
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? >>

he has scolded at length on many occasions.

<< Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor. >>

i'm sorry to hear this. when i came here from another site, i didn't post for a long time. the reason? i knew i would have to back up my statements - be accountable because the Murph was going to figure me out real quick. most of what i was posting over there was not based on anything credible. i just said whatever popped in my sports-weakly-educated head. that was completely acceptable at the other board, and that is why the other board is in such terrible condition. Somehow we've got to maintain our quality while bringing more balance and grace to the process. i am sorry to think that people with valid opinions and ideas would feel unwelcome to join the discussions.

Funny, I was just getting geared up to play like I run the board -just to rile some people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Scratch that.

Yes, it is your time, effort and money that has gone into this site. You have to do what you feel is best for the site. Please consider what I mentioned above about the value of accountability in keeping this board at such a high standard. We could use more grace and diplomacy in accomplishing that task.

At the risk of being dubbed &quot;of his posse&quot;, I am going to say that I don't see how Murph has &quot;changed for the worst&quot; in his interactions with other posters. His words: &quot;Whipping the new members into shape&quot; and &quot;cleaning out the riffraff&quot; I remember these comments, and even played along with them. I'm sorry it seemed serious. Also, considering the Murph of a year ago and the Murph of today, I'd say he has mellowed a lot in the way he deals with other posters.

I'm sorry you've had to log in just to find complaints and negative emails. I can't imagine how disappointing that must be for you. You should not have to face that mess. I'd hate to see Murphy, and his positive contributions, gone permanently. And I don't want people to hang back when they should join in the discussions.

I have no idea how to close now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]