View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #99
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This really isn't my fight, but I do want to chime in...

<< Point taken smiles. However, murph's banning was NOT solely the result of this thread. This was merely the culmination of all the crap we've let slide in the past. Do you deny the fact that he verbally berates members on a daily basis? >>

While I don't always agree with Murph's approach (or even his substantive points), I don't think he &quot;berates people&quot; on a daily basis. He does have a tendency to go after people who make comments that have no basis (and this is NOT a reference to this particular debate -- I am NOT taking sides on the Armstrong issue, because I could care less about that). I think that forcing people who can't support their opinions to reconsider them is usually a good thing. Murph and I have engaged in vigorous debates on a number of occasions, and sometimes he does sound like a broken record, but I never had a problem with anything he said, because I knew I could support the position I took.

<< Yes I do get complaints from users, and yes some have admitted to not posting because of the intimidation factor. >>

Murph may be many things, but he's not intimidating.

<< Murph also seems to think he runs this board. >>

I think Murph cares passionately about the board being the best Mavs board out there. Does he sometimes act like he owns the place? Yeah. I can see how that might rub you the wrong way. But the other regular posters here seem to keep him in check just fine, and it's not like Murph is mean or nasty to anyone -- just a bit too persistent at times.

<< I'm not going to let some prick take down something I've spent so much time, effort, and money on. He has no regard for anyone but himself, and that is why he will no longer be allowed back. >>

I truly enjoy this message board, and think it's unquestionably the best Mavs board going. I don't think, however, that Murph has ever really wanted to take this board down. I think he cares passionately about making it the best board possible. It's your board, and you certainly have a right to do whatever you want, but I don't think banning Murph is really in the best interest of the site.