View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #22
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I assumed Tony would play since he wasn't officially on the injured list when I made the thread and he had played the game before. Oh well, it happens. No HoH today. Given Over, Under, Over, Over:

+1 - tcat
+2 - alien, 12 Tone Melodies, Windmill360, DavidDaMonkey, SMC0007, GermanFan, Kidd Karma, afro4president
+3 - German Dunk, Dirkadirkastan, raefformvp, sportstudi, snoopy, Robillion, xrobx, mavErika, Zki41

Only one participant didn't score this time....

+1 - German Dunk (who had no clue), dirkadirkastan, my former co-ou'er raefformvp, sportstudi, NXperience (good to see you around), Robillion, xrobx, mavErika (everytime I see your username I think it's a knock on our injured Center), Zki41 (creative name, by the way)
+.5 - SIKE (so good to see the originator playing his game), 12 Tone Melodies, Windmill360 (I want a Beaubois signature. ), DavidDaMonkey, SMC0007 (is that username a reference to Bond?), GermanFan, Kidd Karma, afro4president

I am soooooo tempted to give tcat a quarter point just so this O/U could be the first ever with everyone scoring something.... but that just wouldn't be right...

Running Totals
mavErika - 2.5
12 Tone Melodies - 2.5

GermanDunk - 2
dirkadirkastan - 2

FiZth - 1.5
Sportstudi - 1.5
NXperience - 1.5
SMC0007 - 1.5
GermanFan - 1.5
jthig32 - 1
DirkFTW - 1
raefformvp - 1
Robillion - 1
xrobx - 1
Zki41 - 1
Kidd Karma - 1
SeriousSummer - .5
thurst0509 - .5
soul2k8 - .5
LonghornDub - .5
sike - .5
Windmill360 - .5
DavidDaMonkey - .5
afro4president - .5
Hi! It's kind of embarrassing, since I already played this game a few rounds, but could you please explain to me how exactly the scorekeeping is done (or link me to a thread with some sort of a over/under rulebook, i couldn't find anything about it)?
I think I understand the concept of the running totals(If I'm right, you can't take less than zero from a game. It's +1 for the winner(s), no matter if he got 2, 3 or 4 answers right, and +0.5 for the second-placed(s) - do you get sth extra if being right on all 5 O/Us? )- or not so much?
But I have no idea how you do the scorekeeping for each individual O/U-game! It doesn't seem to be just anything simple like +1 for each correct prediction and -1(or -0.5) for every wrong prediction. Is the HoH some sort of a multiplier if correctly answered? That way I could explain my +5 from the Houston game: 2(HoH correct) times ( 3 correct=3 minus 1 wrong=0.5)=5 .

Scratch that, it doesn't add up for any other cases I tried. But neither did anything else I came up with.

BTW, I'm pretty positive that I cannot be +3 with only two correct answers - or could I ? Please change that - and leave 12tone as the lone leader .
The sad part is, even if I correct that in my mind and give me a +2, I would not know how you came up with +2 for 2 correct and 2 wrong predictions. Help!

Two more things:
1) Is a OT win really a win by more than one? I'd regard an OT victory as a win by 0.5 points, no matter what's the score in the end. So in this case, I think it should have been another dead heat.
How does Las Vegas handle OT games(honestly asking, I have no idea)?

2) What does HoH stand for? I tried to investigate, but couldn't find anything reasonable. FYI, have you ever heard about the Hoh:
Quote:
Hoh is a Native American tribe in western Washington state in the United States. The tribe lives on the northwest corner of Washington on the Olympic Peninsula. The Hoh moved onto the Hoh Indian Reservation at the mouth of the Hoh River, on the Pacific Coast of Jefferson County, after the signing of the Quinault Treaty on July 1, 1855. The reservation has a land area of 1.929 square kilometres (477 acres) and a 2000 census resident population of 102 persons, 81 of whom were Native Americans.
bonus) For my username, it kind of is a knock on Damp - but a non-intended one! I heard(=read) people call him like that and figured it would be a good natured joke, calling the biggest, strongest and from my early observations coolest guy on the floor with a girl name. I still like this guy. I didn't know at the time how big of a macho-circus the nba is and that it wasn't good-natured at all by the people who called him like that. What should I do? Back then, I just liked the pun of maverika for a username, especially as I had some important Erikas in my life. And in Germany it isn't completely absurd calling sports-celebrities with girl names without being dismissive(Of course it's an option too, but you'd never look really cool yourself if you're changing a guy's name into the female equivalent to insult him).
Instantly I could come up with two, one is my favourite cyclist and a teammate of Texas prospective Governor L....
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote