View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 06:23 PM   #6
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

OK guys sorry- but I wont go higher than 4th best. I WONT.

U tell me he was better than Jim Brown? NO
Better than Barry Sanders? NO
Better than Walter Payton? NO..

Ill go 4th, but no higher...

Numbers sometimes are just numbers. I wont write a book about it, but Ill try to explain. Emmitt had it all, the best O line for many many years. Throw that in with a team that had many many weapons- it was LETHAL. NO one could key just on Emmitt- too many others on that team could beat you.
DID Barry have that? NO..DID Jim Brown- NO, and his numbers were still way WAY better, but he decided to hang them up too early. Walter, even worse, he played for terrible teams his whole career, until he was washed up in 85. Is this Emmitts Problem? NO- Emmitt is great, no doubt AWSOME in fact, but you cant put him in the league with the above three. You can, but it wouldnt be right. You put Emmitt on the bears in the same games Walter played- PLEASE- he would be 3000 yards short right now! Put Barry on Emmitts teams in the same amount of games???OH ya, he would have had the record a year ago..numbers are sometimes just numbers....

This is not baseball I know, but look at Barry Bonds vs. Hank Aarron. If Bonds retired now, or next year, he wouldnt have the record. But could you say that Aarron was a better home run hitter? You could, but it would NOT be true. Bonds numbers are much better than Aarron- MUCH better..sometimes numbers are just numbers....JMHO