View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...terrorists.asp

I don't know what to make of that. I thought we were all opposed to bringing these people to the States to be prosecuted and then jailed in the States. And how much will we spend getting them attorneys? I imagine we'll have to bring them back to the States to question them with an American attorney? Or is it enough to provide them an attorney from the foreign country where they are captured? Will we have our military attorneys represent them? Did the government ever resolve the question of whether or not an accused terrorist has the right to discovery of classified US documents to support their defense?

And I still don't know how the US government has jurisdiction to bring criminal charges against a foreign citizen for committing terrorist acts in a foreign country, especially if they are against foreign victims. What US law have they broken?

Maybe I'm just dumb, but this looks like a cluster waiting to happen.
Anyone who has kids will understand this analogy.

Why is it that people who don't have kids at all, ALWAYS know just exactly how to raise your kids, and what you are doing wrong?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote