View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
The only aspect where Butler is overperforming is from three, where he's shooting 40%. However, given that he only makes .8 a game, that's a rather minute sample size. Moreover, he should have an increase his his percentage from there because of all the wide open looks he gets from distance here which he never got in the past.

From the field, he is only shooting 44.8%. He's a career 44.1% shooter. He's topped his current shooting percentage four times. Considering the easy looks he gets here, if anything, he's underperforming (on the season, he's been much better lately). The problem was that early on he was simply one of the worst players in the league. He's performing right about how he should be now.
You're right, for the season Butler's FG% is still around his average. However, since November 20th, the start of our 12 game winning streak, he's shooting 49%. That's what I was thinking of, though I didn't make it clear. As for his three point percentage, yes, it's definitely above his career.

I support Butler, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see those numbers stay. I was just figuring some people would think he was.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote