View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #89
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i'd love to have Boobie and Varejao. not sure what the Cavs would be looking for. probably salary relief, young talent and picks. i don't believe we can come up with enough salary in any case, unless we send Haywood out to a 3rd team. i like what Haywood brings defensively when he's "right" and has the right matchup but would gladly sacrifice some of Woods length for the hustle and athleticism of Varejao.
Agree! Both are guys who haven't been full-time starters but are capable of starting there's a lot of flexibility there. Both have been contributing role players to a contender so I think they'd fit in great. Boobie is 24 and AV is 28 so age-wise, it's a move in right direction as well. Contractually, Varejao is good value and Boobie is bit rich for a 9th-10th man but still good value with Kidd's age and contract status next year.

You pointed out Varejao's strengths pretty well. Don't forget free throws for this season! I like Boobie as well.. he is a better shooter and scorer by far without giving up much as a passer or defender when compared to JJB.

Haywood/Ajinca/JJB matches salary-wise but I suppose that's not nearly enough relief for them.

We would be rocking:

Chandler/Varejao/Mahinimi
Dirk/Cardinal
Butler/Marion/Novak
Stevenson/JET/Dojo
Kidd/Roddy/Booby

Nobody is a defensive slouch and the number of bombers we have is startling (7 guys in our top 10 can be 40% beyond the arc guys) and also the flexibility is great. Almost everybody in the main rotation can play two positions equally well except the starting frontline which doesn't need to flex.

I'm starting to get attached to this...

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 12-22-2010 at 08:21 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote