View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I work in an office – spreadsheets, paperwork, clients, bosses, projects. I do it because it's low stress and close to home, and it's a nice environment. Besides, a bilogy degree doesn’t do you any good unless you teach or get a graduate degree. Since I dropped out of graduate school... well, here I am.

I like the people I work with, but I abhore the beige Cube Farm setup and the evil “eye-searing” bright light over my desk. I agree, it can feel quite empty and soul robbing at times (especially dealing w/Flaco-style complainers). But still, I feel lucky to be here, and I’m grateful it’s nice and peaceful most of the time. I’ve had jobs that consumed me with sickening anxiety every day, and reduced me to tears occasionally. Who needs that?

It is amazing how inspired I get on vacations though! I have ideas for books I'd love to write - fiction, non-fiction, even some children's books. I also get inspiration for scientific research! LOL. Work takes so much energy though... I think that’s why the inspiration disappears once I've been back a while. Most days, I just want to go home and cook, and then relax.