View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #113
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you are saying Jack but for me the bottom line no matter where you fall on believing he did it or not, is the NFL has now branded this kid for life. Yes they have the right to suspend him according to the cba they don't even have to prove he's guilty the burden of proof is on elliott to show he is innocent. But again, based on everything reported, this should not have happened. He could have been suspended for "conduct". But the NFL didn't want to miss the bar low again IMO. But in the meantime, he hasn't even been charged, yet with how much this case has been talked about on national tv, local media, the internet etc... This kid will carry the label of a domestic abuser the rest of his life. If he has kids, those kids could be asked one day about his dad, the woman beater. That is what is so disgusting with this for me. I couldn't care less about the games he misses or plays in. But just because the NFL can do something doesn't mean they should. They could have and should have suspended him for conduct detrimental to the nfl or whatever. And everything that happened after the fact highlights what is wrong with the nfl. The arbitration hearing didn't violate the cba, but outside of the nfl that arbitration denied him fundamental fairness. The only reason any of this was ruled in the NFL's favor ultimately is because at the end of the day this falls under a labor dispute and courts will rarely intervene in labor disputes unless a violation of a cba occurred. I never viewed this as a labor dispute it's about the NFL sticking a label on a guy for life with not nearly enough evidence to do so, this all would have been a non story if he was merely suspended for conduct, the only reason to label it as domestic violence is for the NFL to try to cosmetically appear tougher on DV issues IMO.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote