View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 10:20 AM   #691
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This may be a weirder season than even last season. The rule change has had massive impacts on play and many excellent players (Luka, Lillard, etc) are totally terrible to start the season.

I think it all comes down to refs not really knowing how to call the new rules. They're letting defenders absolutely maul shooters without a call, which I don't think is the intent of the rules. Hopefully, they will figure out what the rule change actually meant (unnatural basketball moves meant to cause contact) and will start calling actual fouls on defenders.
On the flip side, it's nice to see teams actually be able to defend without being called for ticky tack fouls. Doubt the Mavs would be able to play the defense they are playing last season.

But being a star driven league, I'm sure they'll tweek it down the road.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote