View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 12:01 AM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just like the getting deals done aspect. Even if it doesn't work, then you make moves down the line. Keep improving.

Donnie just was incapable of deals like like this in the later half of his tenure.

I mean, we literally just replaced KP's production for a late first. Surreal.
Totally agree, except I think Wood is probably a much better fit for Luka than KP ever was. For reasons I've never understood, KP is just not a pick and roll guy. Wood on the other hand should be feasting off of lob passes from Luka all night, every night. Wood played extremely well off Harden, even as Harden was dogging it to force his fat ass out of Houston. So imagine how well he'll play next to Luka. Oh yeah, and he's a 38% career 3pt shooter.

I love how aggressive the Mavs have been under Nico so far. No more standing pat. The Mavs have a generational superstar, and they need to make every single offseason and trade deadline count. Starting C was by far the Mavs biggest weakness going into this offseason, and we just got a MASSIVE upgrade before the offseason technically even started. Just gotta re-sign Brunson and I really think the Mavs are a very serious threat to make the finals next year. If we can add a decent wing too, then we might even be hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy in the very near future. This is awesome.

Oh and I'm going to go ahead and make a very bold prediction right now. Luka will be the 2023 MVP. He's been good enough to be MVP the last 3 years, but the Mavs simply haven't won enough games. But with this move, the Mavs have a roster that is very capable of winning 55-60 games. Luka for MVP. Book it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote