View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 11:50 AM   #46
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I think we all need to check ourselves with respect to Wood. He's a great offensive player but has been brutal on defense. There are times where he appears locked in and challenges his guy then either alters or blocks the shot, prevents a back down and kick out, or rebounds hard after a forced shot.

The problem is I haven't seen it near enough consistently and it has led to an overall negative, especially when his offensive game isn't near the first few performances. Is he not buying in to the system? Is it a result of being the 6th man and thinking he should be a starter?

I don't know. What I will state, is that Javale McGee is not a starter in this league. I don't know if that means Wood or Maxi or whoever else is better, it's just foolish to keep running it out there.

In any event, Wood is the 2nd or 3rd best offensive option. He will need to get consistent minutes. I just won't draw conclusions from a small sample size to start the season with new faces in the rotation. I have faith it will work itself out, but we need Wood to buy in. It's painfully obvious there's more to the Wood story than what we see and it will play out.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote