View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Dude is a fresh 20 years having missed his senior season of high school thanks to Covid and made the decision to jump straight into playing against adults. I think the two negatives you mentioned are greatly impacted by his timeline and at the same time are two very coachable traits. I would disagree on basketball IQ, especially from an offensive viewpoint. He's obviously advanced enough in scoring but has to continue to learn playing within a system and team offense.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a tough hill to climb and I think he finds himself at least in a rotation in the NBA.
The kid has more than enough talent to make it in the NBA. FAR less talented players than him have had long, productive careers. Players of his talent who wash out of the league do so because of lack of work ethic, mental health issues or other similar problems of a personal nature. I don't know that it will be with the Mavericks, but I do believe he'll be a productive NBA player within 3 years.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote