View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #100
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´m referring now to the DLord "eat that Crow" article on Dallasbasketball.com and his roster analysis.

Given that we already have 15 guarantees under contract for the season, I´d place a bet on us using the Buck Shot in early September in a 3 for 2 player trade to get us an additional piece and probably try to sign another body upfront before (Singleton or Hollins). I don´t think we´ll cut Jawai - he might be raw, but quite possibly he´s more of a center project we´ll ever get another way. I might see Humphries go, but for now, I´d think along another line ...

Following that theory, how do you think about that proposal:

Dallas trades away

Buckner, JJ Barea, Josh Howard

to Chicago in exchange for

Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich and maybe a protected 1st rounder

Why it makes sense for us?

We get a quality "backup" for Kiddo who can also serve as a spot up 3pt shooter, and we get a younger Swingman who might not have much of a future in Chicago anyways (and we´re exploring another foreign market that way, too).

Chicago OTOH saves long term money while giving up "only" second fiddle guys, and might get something of value in return in Josh.

Our roster afterwards:

Damp, Gooden, Jawai
Dirk, Marion, Humphries
Deng, Williams
Terry, Ross, Carroll
Kidd, Hinrich, Beaubois

plus one body upfront (Singleton, Hollins)

Looks more balanced to me than our current roster.