View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 11:21 AM   #9
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Stars give deadline to Turco to sign on the dotted line.

Actually, I think the Stars' offer was more than reasonable. Marty was brilliant, but he was only the #1 for only one season. He needs to show consistency. If he's able to by repeating this yr, he will get his millions in the next contract & they will be more than the the 4.5 he wants now. Army's got a point, if Marty wants to be an elite goalie, like a Roy or a Hasek, & he wants to be paid like one, this will not be his biggest contract & he needs to stop acting like it will be.

What I don't get is why the team pulled that offer. I think once he realizes he's not helping anyone by holding out, he would have given in & taken the 3 yrs at 4 mil or found a similar alternative but now he's looking at a worse deal all around. I really feel bad for the rest of the team, they're getting seriously short-changed in this whole deal.