Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #104
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow, Kevin Love has become one of the most underrated great players in the league (a lot like Bosh).

Things Kevin Love is great at:
  • Above-the-break threes
  • Catching in the high post
  • Slip-screening to set up offensive rebounds
  • Outlet passing like crazy off of rebounds

Granted, you have to surround him with the right complementary players for him to consistently be good at this, but that's true to a degree for every good player.

Things the Cavs actually regularly use Kevin Love for:
  • Corner threes

When Irving was out for 10 or so games, Love was a killer. As the third option used almost exclusively as a three-point shooter and for some post-ups that aren't the result of mismatches, he struggles. Personally, I look forward to him getting traded to a team like Boston where they make him the featured offensive player and surround him with good defenders. He'll be pretty close to back to form like he was in Minnesota.

If I thought Dirk was retiring this summer, I'd be all over buying low on Love.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote