View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #442
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
UD and I were seriously questioning the fit of Smith and Doncic together before the draft. The saving grace is Smith is one of the few, if only, players who actively tries to get Luka the ball. And I see Luka bring the ball up the court a fair amount. Those two still aren't the glaring issue. The issue is in the half court sets when Luka gets largely ignored. The fast break stuff is usually gravy.
Yep, I was talking about that to a friend earlier today... My biggest issue with going after Luka was that I figured you'd need to trade DSJ to make it work. It seems like Dennis is at least TRYING to make it work, I'm just not sure if he CAN make it work... I do like the score-first mentality that netted him 20 points the other night, but I don't like that he "lost himself" in the process, getting 0 assists and 6 TOs. He needs to find balance.

I can envision him in a prime Devin Harris combo role, but I don't know if Dennis can withstand the ups and downs of a score-first mentality without having solid defense to fall back on like Harris did. Maybe moving Wes for a true 3&D guard to help defend the perimeter could make this work, but it has to be a guy who doesn't need the ball in his hands in offense to be effective... Not a lot of options there.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote