View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

More than anything, Dirk's just trying to stay in the game mentally. He doesn't feel the need to try and be a true 'man' by getting up in someone's face and acting like an uneducated future wife beater. I suppose if he did beat women and have a piece on display from time to time, some idiots around the league and country would respect him more. But, because his goal is to win, he doesn't allow that crap to screw up his game.

Does anyone remember 2-3 years ago when Dirk was one of the league leaders in Technical fouls?.. He fell into the trap of griping at refs too much and getting in everyone's face that gave him a bit of a hard foul... Well, what happened was that he started to get a bit of a bad rep with officials and they became more trigger happy with the T's. Thankfully, Dirk realized that acting like an idiot (Jerry Stackhouse) doesn't really add much of anything to your team. It's much more likely to detract from your team than anything else.

Sure, there's a time and place for everything. But, once again, the better thing for Dirk to do was to concentrate on staying in the game. He was the one player holding this thing together on Friday night. The Mavs didn't need him to get taken out of the game by him either losing his cool or getting ejected.

Anyway, I'm going to go out and rob a liquor store, beat a woman with a empty bottle of crown, and smoke some dope just so that I can keep it real.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote