View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No way Wallace backs up Marion - Crash would easily be the 2nd best player on this team after Dirk...

Getting Shawn Marion pretty much killed any chances of ever getting Gerald Wallace...
With Marion and Wallace being able to play multiple positions, it would work beautifully. Marion can easily slide to the 2 (and has many times) with Wallace at the 3 or 4. On defense, both players are very versatile. Marion can guard just about every position, and Wallace has the ability to guard the 2, 3, and 4. I don't see it as much an unconventional idea as a dynamic one. You would be a menace offensively and defensively. I've seen Stephen Jackson mentioned. He, too, is technically listed as a 3. Because he plays in a system that utilizes the assets of his skill set, we may see him as a 2. The same can be done with Wallace.

This move would allow the Mavs to pick up size without sacrificing anything in the way of production on either end. A huge plus, in my book.

Last edited by ribosoma; 07-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote