View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:82games.com update. Small sample size but interesting

Quote:
Mad, I am with you on the Bradley can play......but don't start him.

Play him 15-20 min every night. That is where he is most effective. Don't have him worrying about his fouls, and trying to stay on the floor.....just let him play, and impact the game.

Question? What happened to his set shot.....that used to be money.
Perhaps you are right about Shawn starting. However, I would like to see a few spot starts just to see how the team responds, and how Dampier does off the bench.

I think Shawn's set shot is still there. That's not something that goes away. I've only seen him try it two, maybe three times this year... each time prompted Pinto to proclaim "Is that really the shot you want?". At least once of those shots was a called play after a time out. Pinto has so much disgust for Shawn it practically spoils the game.

I think Shawn's ability to score outside of the painted area really opens of the offense for Dirk to isolate, back down defenders, and dish the ball out of double teams. Stack can better attack the rim without a big goon like Dampier rooted in the paint. Our offense is just much, much better when we get spacing. Bradley gives us that. Dampier ruins it.

Likewise, our defense is much, much better with a real weakside shotblocker. The numbers speak for themselves. We are an elite team with Shawn on the court. We are a lottery team with Dampier on the court.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote