View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #127
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki View Post
Camby has played 14 seasons, which is basically a full career and then some. Do you think he is the 5th best defensive rebounder since 70-71, since the metric has him 5th on the list?

Hakeem Olajuwon has grabbed at least 9 drp's per game 5 times, and his highest DRB% was 28.3%, which he hit twice. Camby has grabbed at least 9 drb's per game only 3 times, yet his highest DRB% is 33.3% and he has topped 30% 8 times. So per this metric, Olajuwon never had a drp season better than 8 of Camby's 14 top seasons, even though all of his raw numbers are better? That conclusion makes sense to you?

What it is is quite a few conclusions that make no sense. That is if you are using the metric to compare players. The lists have tons of inconsistencies on there is all I'm saying. I'm not saying ignore them completely. But these inconsistencies and the fact that one ignores defense makes me not put that much weight into them.
just a question - comparing Hakeem and Camby who is a better defensive rebounder?
Your tone implies the former and in such a way that there's no question about it. or perhaps i'm misunderstanding what you've implied. thanks.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote