View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #128
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki View Post
Camby has played 14 seasons, which is basically a full career and then some. Do you think he is the 5th best defensive rebounder since 70-71, since the metric has him 5th on the list?

Hakeem Olajuwon has grabbed at least 9 drp's per game 5 times, and his highest DRB% was 28.3%, which he hit twice. Camby has grabbed at least 9 drb's per game only 3 times, yet his highest DRB% is 33.3% and he has topped 30% 8 times. So per this metric, Olajuwon never had a drp season better than 8 of Camby's 14 top seasons, even though all of his raw numbers are better? That conclusion makes sense to you?
Actually, yes, it does make sense to me. I'd have to look at all of the numbers such as attempts per game, DRB numbers and yada yada..but yeah, those stats could very easily make perfect sense.

And looking at the numbers, I just don't see why you'd have a problem with Camby and Moses Malone. Marcus Camby is one of the best defensive rebounders in the history of the game. Of course, some of that has to do with the fact that he's playing in a league without alot of dominant centers.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-05-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote