View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
OK, so I'm gonna start burpee workouts tomorrow. This is going to be painful.
Just a tip: (take it or leave it) When you're going into the squat position get in the habit of pointing your toes out at 30 degrees. Track your knees with your toes. You'll be able to go down below parallel (like you're taking a shit). This will activate the stretch reflex of your hamstrings/abductors and take pressure off your knees. You'll get a natural bounce out of the bottom. Your knees should not be burning. That doesn't mean anything except you're doing it wrong. Before I educated myself I always thought squats were bad for your knees. If done properly your knees have nothing to do with it. Give it a try with a few air squats to get used to the movement. Exagerate pointing your knees out just to get the idea.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote