View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #80
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
what went wrong?
I think it's mostly just a change from weighing in on Monday mornings to Thursday mornings (schedule thing, I'm traveling some right now and not near a scale on Monday morns). I've been doing about an hour and half to 2 hour ride on Sundays so I think I'm probably a couple of pounds lighter Monday mornings because of water weight (or lack thereof).

Regardless of what the scale says, I'm to the point that I'm going to have to get a new belt because the last notch in my favorite belt, one that I've been wearing for years, is now too big. Also, I mentioned earlier that I was in horrible shape and I'm just as interested in getting my wind up as I am dropping pounds....

....true story....

A couple of months ago I took a mountain bike beginners' *clinic* (freebie kinda thing, well worth the money). After the clinic, the group was split into two for rides out on the trail. One group was to go on a faster and more arduous ride and the other was expected to take an easier course at a more measured pace. All the flat-bellied younger males started gathering for the faster ride while the fat women and 8 year old kids and the handicapped guy started making their way to the easier ride.

My brain knew that I needed to join the fat women and the parapalegic, but my silly ego still thinks I'm a flat bellied 20-something athlete. Long story not too much longer, I stayed with the fast group for the duration of the ride, loaded my bike into my car, drove out of the park and promptly unloaded my breakfast all over Collins Street in Arlington.

But that was then...now I can easily make the same ride twice before hurling, so at least my endurance is way up.