View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:42 AM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
At this point I'd argue the entire cow is rotten.

I get that "supposedly" of our best 4 bench players 3 are pg's. But once again RC mentioned transition defense in post game presser... That it needs to improve a lot. How many people here are shocked that our transition defense is poor given the lineups we use? We don't even crash the boards minus the 5 on offense and it's still poor. But the athletic guys who maybe are not offensively polished are sitting on the bench and the guys who supposedly are vets who know their roles have prolly shot us out of more games than in, and even when they are efficient scorers, like tonight, their defense is poor. I'm not blaming RC entirely despite how much I complain about the lineups he obviously will forget more than I will ever know, I as a fan would just like to see something different when this same tired act has only gotten worse it seems.

And Wes needs less minutes. He's been terrible all around minus a game or 2. Like DH said, if this was any other player not named Dirk he would be riding pine by now. If that means Simba gets some mins cool. If that means Felton or DH come in and CP stays more at the 3 and Lee at the 4 and Mejri at the 5 then so be it as well. Why keep running the same lineups out there over and over when they aren't working? Those lineups are entirely focused on getting the offense going and the offense is terrible and RC keeps bringing up the poor defense in post games. Like those lineups playing poor defense is shocking to him somehow.

--Edit--
At this point I don't see the problem with competition. If giving Simba mins gives Wes or CP or the small guards some added motivation then that is a plus. Same with Mejri/Powell/Lee to Zaza or backup 4 mins and whoever else you want to make the argument for. Yet even though their play has been poor(referring more to Wes and Zaza than CP here), it's like there is no danger of them losing their roles.

At least Simba can defend all the way to the rim and block some shots. He likes to drive to the bucket too and that is a huge downfall to Wes' game. You don't get the consistency of the 3 ball but when that's all you got, I will take the kid getting an opportunity to inject some fire and athleticism.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote