View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #1380
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk the house-painter..

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-indefensible

Quote:
Not the type of ceiling we usually talk about

If they need somebody to re-paint the world-famous ceiling fresco at the Residenz in Wurzburg, Germany, we might have just the guy. Asked what he’d be doing if he weren’t playing basketball, Mavericks star and newly confessed Per Diem reader Dirk Nowitzki answered that he’d follow his father’s footsteps and have a painting business.

“Be the tallest painter in Germany,” said Nowitzki. “I’d get all the ceilings without a ladder.”

Nowitzki, now in his tenth consecutive all-star game, says it’s a different experience from the first time he came in 2002, in Philadelphia.

“I was just in awe,” said Nowitzki. “Just being in the same locker room with Shaq, Kobe, KG back in the day, some of the guys that I looked up to -- it was an amazing experience. That will always be something special."

“Then it gets a little more routine and you know the guys a little better and you know the circus around it now, and the whole hype. But the first time I’ll never forget. [It’s] all about soaking it in, getting to know the guys, enjoy the hype around it. I’m sure Blake [Griffin] and Kevin [Love] are both going to have a blast.”
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote