View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 11:26 AM   #30
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Murph, there's nothing AT ALL wrong with playing the game with class, but you have to understand not all of these people were brought up with in the same background. Not to compare, but for instance I use to go to the "Rutger" in New York and watch a lot of those basketball games, these players TALK SHIT AND DON'T STOP!! They get a dunk and you think someone won the lottery, but for them and everyone watching in that setting, it's fun! It gets comical and the thing is, the way someone gets back at them, is not to get mad, not throwing an elbow, just doing back to them, the same thing someone did to them. The best part about it is, after each and every game, these dudes, laugh about it. No one feels they were showed up, all feel they were putting on a show for the fans and it's appreciated by the fans. Now I think it depends on whose watching when it's decided if they're being a moron or not. The reason being is it's a game and everyone, even the players manage to get caught up in it sometimes. Regardless of how many times they do it, you want to see emotion. Now granted it can get a bit tiresome at times, but I'd prefer to see too much enthusiasm compared to not enough.

For instance what Terrell Owens did last year in Dallas. NOW THAT, deserved a forearm to the HEAD!!!! THAT is disrespectful! I guess I don't consider it disrespectful or trying to show someone up if it's something a player does everytime. Sosa, Bonds, Griffey and McGwire have been and always will be doing the same thing after their HR's each time. So I don't consider that trying to show anyone up because it's their "routine".

Also, I don't consider any of these guys not playing with class. What Terrell Owens did was CLASSLESS though.