View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #94
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Are you missing the point here deliberately or is it just going over your head?

And do you think he plays the minutes that he plays because we're weaker at PG or weaker at SG?

Now you're getting it. That need trumps all others right now.

I'd love for Booby to claim his spot in the rotation next season, and even if he and JJB are both here, I think it's pretty much inevitable that Booby's role will increase considerably...which is just one more reason why all the belly-aching about the Mavs picking up a 1.8 million dollar option on a serviceable player like JJB needs to stop.
I don't think JJB's plus/minus will be any better if played less as just a backup point guard. Those stats are based on 48 minutes. Less minutes in the game, the less he can effect the outcome though. The whole problem is that Carlisle overvalues Barea's worth. Thus picking up the option gives Carlisle more chances to overplay Barea again like he is some 6th man or something. Barea plays some minutes at SG because Carlisle wants to give Terry a brief break. Otherwise Terry would play 18 minutes straight in both halves. And Carlisle is a traditional coach that likes to shorten the rotation in the playoffs no matter how much better the starters play when given the proper rest. He also is in the mindset that you can't trust young players in the playoffs. Both things I think hurt us.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 05-13-2010 at 07:07 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote