View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That's what I'm talking about. Say hi to your mother for me.

The threads are different, as you describe. If they aren't different, then let's just post our post-game comments after the game in the already existing thread. Right?

If anyone would "find it ridiculous" or somesuch why this would be an issue...I guess it's because the standard practice around is here is that threads are locked only when they run afoul of the rules or somesuch. It just seems...weird...to lock an honest-to-God thread. Even weirder still to lock all threads of that sort as a matter of course. Just...weird.
Well, but the idea is that once the game is 20 minutes over (or so, just picking a number) the GDT is essentially done. People are discussing the conclusion of the game. The idea was to help people post their thoughts in one thread, because it's pretty common for two parallel discussions to continue in the two threads after the game is over. In fact someone used this defense to try to get Sike to stop editing language. They said something to the effect of "no one will read this again once the game is over".

Anyway, it's not a big deal. You're right that it's not something done around here, but we were just trying to increase the efficiency. Not everyone is as familiar with the board as all of the regulars, so we were just trying to channel like minded discussion to one place. That's all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote