View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #177
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
You must be kidding me if you don't think there is a difference between their blocking abilities.

I don't think anybody expects their RB to block like a lineman...but the purpose of them staying in the backfield on the pass is solely to pick up the blitz.

Barber is known for ability to pick up a blitzing LB...as well as make them pay for coming into the pocket at all. Just ask John Madden.

Tashard is a great runner, but his rookie label is most apparent when it comes to blocking. Before he received any playing time, this was a primary concern. He definitely hasn't shown any great blocking ability thus far.
Actually, in previous seasons, the Cowboys would often put in Julius Jones on third downs because he was much better at picking up the blitz.

But hey... I'm just stating the truth. I never said that Barber wasn't better at it than choice.. I just said that he isn't the greatest in the world at picking up blitzes.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote