View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #190
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Like murph said, Romo was more or less talking about the blocking scheme. And I don't think there are too many quarterbacks in charge of that. Is Tony Romo 100% blame free? No, I'm sure there's stuff he could have done to help break down the defense. But the majority of the blame falls on the coaching staff. If they aren't taking care of this, what exactly are they getting paid for?

Nice try though.
How could I forget that the coaches play the game. Sorry about that, for some reason I thought the players played the game, and the coaches prepared for the game. My bad I am so sorry that I thought the QB was the one managing the game on the field and that when the defense adjusts from play to play, that the QB is the one making the calls on the field once the defense sets. My bad, I also thought that maybe that Garrett makes an offensive call before the defense is set, then if Romo looks at the defense and sees that play call needs some adjustment according to what he was reading was up to Romo.

I guess once Garrett calls in a play, then the QB is helpless if the defense calls a good defensive play to stop what the offense is trying to do.

Are you sure you still want to stick with Romo's job is NOT to read the defense once he gets under center? Are you sure you really want to say that? At some point you will have to look more closely at what Romo controls on the field. I see it, and I think many others see it, and I am seeing even on this message board even Romo big backers are seeing it as well.

Do we have a better option than Romo currently on the market? I dont think so, but that does not mean that I dont see what he is during on the field. I guess you are waiting on the big win by Romo against the Lowly Eagles so that you can say that Romo is such a great qb in the clutch? If Romo wins on Sunday, I will say he did a wonderful job, but if he loses this game, and the Cowboys dont make the playoffs, I will be first in line saying we need to do something about out QB situation real fast. To be honest, if Romo performs well on Sunday and we win, I will be about 4th or 5th in line praising him, but on the other hand if he does bad and we dont make the players, I will be 1st in line. Nothing against Romo, because I think he is a great guy, but I am just looking at his numbers, his performance and the wins/loses and his track record is not good in December.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote