View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #21
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
OD, you tried to make a connection to the '04 Mavs and the '06 Suns. No such connection exists. Not at all. Not one. Further, you attempted to hurry defeat upon the Suns by saying that the bell tolls for them.
None? Steve Nash was/is the PG for both teams.

The historical connection I am drawing is between the 2002-03 Mavericks and the 2004-05 Suns. There, the connections are quite obvious. The suggestion I am making is that such a corollation will carry over to the 2005-06 Suns. The outcome of the Lakers series shall tell whether you or I are correct and perhaps defeat shall be hurried on the Suns not by me, but by our good friends out west.

Quote:
See, the things you are citing (games won, both in the regular season and in the playoffs) are in no way remarkable. They are not in and of themselves barometers of the factors that you would try to claim they are barometers of.
I need no education on what kinds of data can be accurately used to inference a conclusion. The fact that you are taking this thread so seriously suggests to me that there is an open wound, a gash if you will, that has not healed since Steve left this organization. Take a breath, affix a band-aid, and realize that the facts presented herein are not meant to support a de facto statement that the Suns will lose their series. Rather, it is an observation of coincidence. A pattern, that may or may not repeat itself in this year's playoffs.

Quote:
Next tell me that Lincoln died in Ford Theatre, and that Kennedy died in a Ford, or somesuch. Or that someone has the same number of letters in their name. I'd meet it just as well.
Your analogy is a tad far-fetched. If both Lincoln and Kennedy were shot in Ford's Theatre, or both in a Lincoln Continental (the "Kennedy Car", irony no?), then I would suggest a corollary.

EDIT:

Ugh...grammar

Last edited by orangedays; 04-30-2006 at 11:13 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote