View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 11:54 PM   #31
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I missed that part of your OP. If I saw it, I'm sure I thought it was part of your sig.
No harm no foul.

Quote:
The difference we have is that you wish evil on former Mavericks greats, while I wish them all the best. Granted, I have quite a juggling act to do, balancing my interest in the current Mavs with my interest in the former Mavs. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel a WHOLE lot worse when the Mavs lost to the Spurs in '03 than I did when they lost to the Suns in '05.
I did address this in my previous post but I shall do so again - my ultimately loyalties lie with these Dallas Mavericks. The ones we root for today. I wish evil, fire and brimstone on everyone else - Mavericks greats or no. I am, for all intents and purposes, an equal-opportunity hater when it comes to non-Mavericks players. Now, should the Mavericks exit the playoffs earlier than I expect, I have no issue cheering on former Mavs. But that distinction doesn't exist for me so long as my beloved Dallas team continues to breathe. And sir, I certainly hope you are not suggesting you would feel torn between rooting for the Mavs and Suns should they meet!

Quote:
But still and all, we have veered off track. The point of your thread was that Nash was going to fail the Suns just as he "failed" the Mavs. And my contention was that if he "failed" the Mavs in '04, there were mitigating circumstances (they were named Walker and Jamison), and if he "failed" the Suns in '06 there were also mitigating circumstances (they are named Kobe Bryant).
Incorrect, the point of this thread was that a Suns team with Nash at the helm might fail to reach the promise land, just as the Mavericks team with Nash at the helm failed to reach said promise land. The blame may or may not be shouldered by Nash alone (considering the mitigating circumstances) but that doesn't change the end-result. There is a big difference between my stating an opinion and making a prediction versus my making a matter-of-fact statement.

Quote:
It was a simplistic and juvenile parallel you attempted to make. It didn't meet the standards of analysis that this board is known for.
Simplistic and juvenile? Nein. It was purely tongue-in-cheek. However, if the Lakers do manage to defeat the Suns in their first round series - this "simplistic and juvenile parallel" will have proven to be surprisingly useful. If I am proven incorrect and the Suns prevail, then you are free to shower this thread with whatever praise you wish.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-30-2006 at 11:59 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote