View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Honestly, I never realized it until today, but Stuart Scott is why I watched Sportscenter. I remember watching ESPN with my grandfather in the late 80's / early 90's. While Olbermann and Patrick were somewhat entertaining, the network really appealed to white +40 year olds back then.

Scott appealed to both the young and African American audience (which ESPN didn't do a good job of capturing back then). He kind of made ESPN everyone's sports network. And, yeah, his catch phrases were kind of cheesy, but I've said "boo-yaw" and he's the reason why. So I'm a hypocrite to hate on him for that.

The guy fought stomach cancer three times in 7 years. Really courageous.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote