View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 05:05 AM   #1617
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Is there a difference between 7'2 and 7'0"
Yes.

Quote:
There aren't many people over 7'2", so not sure the fact that you can't recall anyone without injury problems is relevant at all.
Is there a scientific study available on this? Short of that, we're all relying on anecdotal evidence. You're right that not many people are over 7'2, but from the small sample size available, there does seem to be a trend of those players having careers marred by injuries. Yao Ming, Rik Smits, Ralph Sampson, Manute Bol, Shawn Bradley, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Chuck Nevitt, and yes, Kristaps Porzingis are/were all injury prone throughout their careers (I think we have enough history with KP to make that call.) Kareem, Mutombo, and Mark Eaton seem to be the exceptions.

But I'm sorry if my knowledge of NBA history isn't relevant "at all."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote