View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 05:21 AM   #1619
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yes.

Is there a scientific study available on this? Short of that, we're all relying on anecdotal evidence. You're right that not many people are over 7'2, but from the small sample size available, there does seem to be a trend of those players having careers marred by injuries. Yao Ming, Rik Smits, Ralph Sampson, Manute Bol, Shawn Bradley, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Chuck Nevitt, and yes, Kristaps Porzingis are/were all injury prone throughout their careers (I think we have enough history with KP to make that call.) Kareem, Mutombo, and Mark Eaton seem to be the exceptions.

But I'm sorry if my knowledge of NBA history isn't relevant "at all."
Why is the answer yes? What is the difference? Your anecdotes aren't compelling. Shawn Bradley had to quit, because of injury? It wasn't too far back in history that NBA players were considered over the hill at 30.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote