View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #1624
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The anecdote isn't compelling to you, maybe, but when studies have shown that played 7'0" and over are way more prone to injuries and guys 7'2" and seemingly always injured, it's pretty darn compelling to me.

Bradley? Missed a ton of games. Ming? Missed a ton of games and retired early. Bol? Injuured a lot. Muresan, same.

Same for Sabonis (7'3"), Thabeet (7'3") and KP (7'3")

Even Tacko Fall is injured and he's only in his first season.
Thank you.

I checked around on google to see if I could find any kind of list or study on the injury history of well-over-seven-feet-tall players. I couldn't find anything that specific. All I could find was this wikipedia list- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iation_history

According to this- assuming it's complete- there have been 26 players in the history of the NBA that were 7'3 or taller. As near as I can tell, Mark Eaton is the only guy on that list who wasn't injury prone.

It may not be a scientific study, but common sense tells me that 25 out of 26 is a trend.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote